Subject: [Leica] Got home just in time....
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 01:52:03 +0100

Very impressive, Aram. We're at 53 degrees north - a whupping 7 degrees
further north - and should have a fairly good view, but, as we all
know,? life sometimes gives you a shit hand. I've never been so busy
since I've retired - long story - and arrived home frazzled at the peak
of the solar storm to find a surprisingly enthusiastic youngest son
waxing lyrical about our chances of seeing the AB. He wanted me to
accompany him down to the shore of Dublin Bay to see the wonders of the
universe.

As it was a mere 2 minutes away from the house, despite being exhausted,
I agreed. What a disappointment (expected - at my end - from the buffets
of my 73 years)? as the growing and growing glowing of Ireland's
capital's orgasm of lights snuffed out any chance of nature's occasional
magnificence reasserting its significance. One glance, and I left the
camera in the car. After ten minutes of the dawning realisation of
modernity's intrusive adjustment of nature's bounty, I drove home with a
disappointed son.

Life ain't fair, so thanks for giving me a vicarious view.? A five
second exposure really helps to get the colours.

Douglas