Subject: [Leica] Sunday Lakefront Trip
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 08:40:34 -0800

Alan Magayne-Roshak SHOWED:

G'day Alan,
The trees didn't really excite me other than the one with the yellow road
closed sign. Nice bit of observation.

But the all time beautifully seen and captured making great use of "SHOOTING
FROM THE SHADOW SIDE?" in  what we might offer as.. "A beautiful
architectural photo?  The Miller House!"

This is an excellent example for CREW MEMBERS to learn how and what
"Shooting from the shadow side means and looks like!" In this case it makes
the image just jump and pop right off the screen! Certainly compared to some
we see posted sitting there blank flat no character to the building nor over
all scene. By the same token sometimes the light isn't very obvious? That
means it makes us look about more to try and make something of the light.
"shadow-side!" as faint or harsh as it maybe!

Shooting from the Shadow-side will and does add character to almost any
scene or situation where it can be found.

Good on you!
cheers ,
Dr. ted :-)

December has been a dreary, overcast month, so when the sun came out (on
SUN-day) I had to get out to the lakefront, first to just sit and
experience the elements, and then to take a few pictures.  (I have a thing
for bare branches on nicely shaped trees.)

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Miscellaneous/Lake+Trip
/20141228_MR_Mine_DSF1498.jpg.html

<