Subject: [Leica] OT. Nikon screen brightness and contrast
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 20:22:57 -0500 (CDT)

Frank,

The D200 & D300 do not have true pentaprisms, and are therefore dimmer than
those in the Pro Line.  The D700 is quite a bit better.  The D4 is very good
for manual focusing, but not at the level of the R8/9 or the SL.  i am able
to focus my older Nikkor MF lenses with no problems on the D4.  Can't
comment on the D3 series, but would expect them to be similar to the D4,
since they have real pentaprisms.

Gene