Subject: [Leica] Mitch Z - MITCH PARK & BEAR PHOTOS. :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 21:06:19 -0700

Hi Mitch,
I have done quite a few assignments over the years in our National Parks
from coast to coast in Canada and like you I've seen and spoken to and
written down their car license numbers and turned them into the Park Rangers
and the Mounties. So many people have absolutely no respect for the animals
nor Parks themselves, they just tramp all over the place killing flowers and
fauna with no respect whatsoever.

A few visitors got snarky at times about the license. However they moved on
when I said I had already transmitted it to the RCMP who were on their way
out to have a look and a word or two with them.

I photographed a guy taking photos of a mother black bear and a couple of
cubs foraging on the side of the Jasper Park highway.The guy was so stupid
he kept getting closer annoying the mother until she took a run at him and
he flew to his car but couldn't get the door open and jumped up on the hood
yelling his head off!  Me?

Hell I just took photos for evidence in case the bear got him! While wildly
in my mind thinking "Get him bear, get him!" :-) :-) The complete series
were later used by  Parks Canada in their information kiosks where they
enlighten visitors about feeding and annoying the wild animals.

Tough assignments to spend a month wandering about just shooting all the
beauty you want for a summer month or two. AND GET PAID! ;-)

cheers,
ted