Subject: [Leica] Ted, thank you
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 18:59:04 +0100

Thanks Ted for all your efforts, but, when I originally suggested the idea
of a weekly competition, it was to push people out of their comfort zone,
use, or reuse, Leica cameras, and the lead in was meant to be two weeks to
accomodate those of us who only had film Leicas to reuse.

OK that particular grape shrivelled on the vine, but the idea of an
assignment still has validity, but it should be restricted to ONE entry per
person and the judge shouldn't have to comment on ANY entry, bar the winning
one. This will save a lot of typing and thinking time. OK there will be
whimpering :-)

Whimperers aside, I'd venture that we're all old enough, and hopefully
mature enough, to realise that the winning photograph in ANY competition is
the one that appeals to the judge/judges and he/she/they should only have to
comment on the one that appealed to him/her/them most.

I was tied up a bit last week and never got an entry in, but hey, I'll do
better next time. Uncle Ted, put the thinking cap on again and say each
Lugger's entry has to be in by next Friday!!! Less time = hopefully more
effort.

Douglas