Subject: [Leica] in-COMMUNICATION PROJECT
From: zeissler at mac.com (Mitch Zeissler)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:19:46 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ted,

I prefer the top image myself, and agree with your assessment of the second.
 The biggest smartphone issues for me are as follows:

- Lack of dynamic range
- Lack of RAW support
- Lack of fast glass
- Lack of different focal lengths

However, for being a camera that's always with you, it's very hard to beat.?

Cheers,

Mitch
===========
   Website: http://exploratorius.us/

On Aug 28, 2013, at 04:00 PM, tedgrant at shaw.ca wrote:

> Hi Mitch,
> Thanks for sending this. I prefer the first as it looks normal and natural
> as I have shot similar type scenes on colour film and a few digital and my
> preference was always a similar looking image as the first.
>
> No. 2 image appears completely over processed or worked over if it were
> done
> in the darkroom. If it were possible in olden days darkroom?
>
> I suppose my negative feelings about iphones is due to the millions using
> them without a clue about photography and holding them in the worse
> possible
> shaking camera situations. But then you see a photographer first and
> foremost handling an iphone and he or she captures amazingly beautiful
> photo
> situations under some of the wildest lighting situations possible!
>
> I think the iphone camera aspects will only become far superior as our
> Leica's and all kinds of cameras have over the years. And as so many
> people,
> I mean photographers first, iphone user second professional shooter's see
> what they can do with the iphone it will become a workhorse in the hands of
> many professionals of the future.
>
> Oh maybe in a few years and my right shoulder replacement returns to normal
> I'll sell a bunch of regular camera bits and piece and begin a new era of "
> A senior citizens iphone photo album? " ;-) Besides I'm not going until I'm
> a 100 years old in any event, so that gives me 15 more years to learn how
> play with an iphone! ;-)
>
> cheers,
> ted

>>> one. Number one son asks...... "What for, you hardly know how to make
>>> your
>>> computer work let alone "playing with a toy camera-phone?" Unfortunately?
>>> He's perfectly correct! :-)
>>> Oh well when I come around the next time all the improvements will be
>>> made,
>>> I'll be younger and starting all over again. ;-) ;-) So I'll get one! :-)
>>> But they are quite an amazing machine with such incredible abilty for the
>>> well trained user.
>>> cheers,
>>> Dr. ted :-)