Subject: [Leica] PESO: Hitch a ride
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:00:32 -0500

On Aug 28, 2013, at 10:10 AM, Doug Herr wrote:

> Moderate excersize is good but the math isn't as simple as this because
> not all calories are metabolized the same way.

I'm sure individual nuances exist Doug.

Yet in my personal experience:
cutting out salts, most sugars (except honey and maple syrup);
cooking 90% of my own food from whole grains, legumes, fruits, vegetables
and fish and seafood;
using mostly olive oil, a bit of yogurt, feta and parmesan cheese;
- the math really does seem to work fairly simply - for me.

When I plug the intake and burn numbers into myfitnesspal.com
the program tells me the weight I can expect to lose with this:
my particular life style,
my caloric burn through exercise,
and my calories consumed;
and that IS, in fact, the weight loss that occurs.

When I accurately measure food quantities with a scale,
and calorie burns with a heart monitor,
I can predict my weight with 95% accuracy.

With each passing day it becomes more difficult to avoid GMO grains,
legumes, etc.
Now with the Fukushima ocean and other general environmental contamination
fish and sea food has become highly questionable.

The stories of GMO cross pollination really makes food supply issues weird.

Good luck to us all.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com