Subject: [Leica] NZ PAW 30
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 17:33:47 -0700

Fascinating but scary!
Stay safe.
Howard (earthquake survivor Tangshan, China 1976 (7.4))

Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 22:09:36 +0000
From: John McMaster <john at mcmaster.co.nz>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

A truncated week, I was working from home most of the week while my office
was checked for safety. There are various cracks (working as designed) in it
but I have a couple of photos of buildings with superficial damage....

"More quakes hit the Marlborough/Wellington regions in the past six days
than in the previous 10 years, GNS Science seismologist Matt Gerstenberger
told a public meeting in Seddon last night.

Since Friday last week, 392 magnitude-3 quakes or higher had occurred
compared with fewer than 300 over the past decade. There was a shake of
4.0 during last night's meeting."

Also parts of Marlborough (top of the South Island) were pushed 5cm east by
the 6.5 earthquake.

http://johnmcmaster.com/PAW/2013/30

C & C welcome

john