Subject: [Leica] 10 Sharpest Lenses
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:52:43 -0700

Yes, I was a bit surprised by the list as well. I have the 24TSE II, and
100/2.8 macro IS, and I also have a couple of Leica lenses that are clearly
superior to those, but in published MTF's and in my experience.

My 280/4 Apo-Telyt is noticeably better than both the 200/2 Canon and
400/2.8 Nikon they have shown, just as an example. In fact, I doubt that any
Nikon or Canon tele is as good as that 280/4.

MTF results are hardly the be-all and end-all for taking good pictures, but
if someone puts out a list of  '10 best' they should be paying better
attention. They say they've tested most lenses from the past 3 decades, but
the results don't seem to bear that out.

Henning