Subject: [Leica] Re; Accidental photojournalist
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 11:12:29 -0700

I would like some enlightenment on how stock photography works. I had been
under the impression that it is no longer a viable source of income because
of the existence of a population equipped with cameras on their phones.
Then, I read Tina's piece about income from stock photography, including
mention of a student of her's who quit a job because of stock photography
income; this appeared to be a current event. Also, as a docent at the
Computer History Museum, I met a school teacher who told me that a
substantial part of his income was stock photography.

So, if any of you has the patience to explain to me a bit about how it
works, or to refer me to a web site that would explain, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Herb

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org