Subject: [Leica] Leica superiority or not.
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:25:30 -0500

On Jun 27, 2013, at 2:04 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

> In no other art form that I am aware of are the tools discussed ad nauseum,
> and nobody discusses, or cares about, the end product at all. Even in
> music, where tools are important, they are relegated to a distant second
> place with respect to the actual performance/recording.

If you subscribe to musical instrument email lists you'll certainly find
similar discussions.
One can expect by definition that the Leica User Group will discuss the tool.

If you wish to focus on the art irrespective of tools used to produce the art
other lists by other names will certainly fulfill those desires.
You can find lists focused on weddings, portraits, gallery art, painting,
sculpture, jazz, blues, rock, punk, classical music, etc.?

You can also find lists on antique woodworking tools, hand made artist's
brushes, Japanese shakuhachi flutes which cost between 50 and $100,000, etc.

I find the LUG quite a delightful and balanced blend of technical,
mechanical, aesthetic, tool and its relationship to the art "list."

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com