Subject: [Leica] Images from loaner MM
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:41:33 -0700

I like the family shot better as well; it's just that the shot of Tom shows
many of the MM's strengths that the M240 and certainly the M9 can't compete
with.

If only it weren't so @#$%^&* slow!!!

When I take a number of frames of people, I can't guarantee that the best
expression will be in the first 7 frames. It might be the 8th or 9th frame,
and then, with the MM, I'm hooped as I wait many seconds for the buffer to
clear. It's made worse by the fact that the DNG's from the MM are
uncompressed. The compressed M9 DNG's clear faster. I've never seen a
difference between compressed and uncompressed with the M9, but the MM files
might be different.

There's nothing to compete with the MM files though, unless it's those from
the Phase One B&W back. But that would be even a lot slower to shoot. Ah,
why can't we have it all????   :-)

Henning