Subject: [Leica] Street Creds
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 21:09:25 -0500

I'd guess the only illegal ID would be forging official documents; such as
passport, driver's license, a police press pass, state ID, etc. Forging a
group membership card, or a press pass supplied by a specific Publisher,
Magnum, etc would require those organizations to discover the forgery and
press some sort of charges of misrepresentation.

Reality: many news situations require city or state police issued press
passes; generally acquired by the media or publisher you're working for.
Most "venues" - shows, theaters, festivals, political events, etc. require
and issue their own "official" time-limited press passes - best to plan
ahead with early requests.

The type of ID Tina has referenced can be useful, to some extent, in limited
situations. It becomes more useful when stacked with other passes, even
expired, time-limited venue passes; because you begin to display a history
of having been around and been granted access.

The best: official police press credential in combination with a respected
publication, or media source. Those two will virtually any and all specific
venue passes.

a note off the iPad, George