Subject: [Leica] M mount on micro 4/3: Price vs quality
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 09:41:32 -0800

For an adapter it's not really that complicated. The three criteria are that
1. you can attach the adapter and lens with a positive lock and remove them
without a fight, 2. The depth of the adapter should be the difference in the
registers as close as possible, but only err on the short side and 3. The
two faces of the adapter should be parallel.

With cheap adapters these three conditions aren't always met, but usually
are. Beyond that, an expensive adapter rarely has issues and looks/feels
nicer. I'm not sure how a ring from 'Elsewhere' (where is that?) can get
stuck inside a Leica. In any case, I can't imagine anything of that sort
that I or my local repair guy couldn't fix in very short order. If your
Leica is showing signs of homesickness and wishes to spend some time back in
Solms, that is a different matter.

Henning