Subject: [Leica] IMG: General Tire, B&W
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 11:17:22 -0800

I'm not trying to start a war, but I must partially disagree with Dr. Ted's
generalization about B&W vs. color. Maybe he will even agree with me after
reading my explanation. In some parts of the world, to my knowledge Africa,
South America, and perhaps Central America, very colorful clothes are the
norm for indigenous people. So, in an individual portrait, the photographer
must decided whether to emphasize the person, the clothing, or both. For a
group photo, I feel there is no question; show the colorful clothing.

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204