Subject: [Leica] FS: Leica 135 mm 2.8 (goggles)
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 12:25:06 +0100

I do indeed read a lot. I also listen sometimes patiently. I think
most of us do.
I heard complaints about possible (mis)alignement of some Leica lenses
or some types of lenses in some series on some Leica M cameras i.e
M-7-8 and even 9.
There are not only problems of RF alignements, there are also possible
problems of mounting some lenses on some of these bodies and focussing
to infinity.
Read the warnings mentionned by Leica, among others in some of their
recent M-9 users manuals.
I for example have a double problem with a N.F. Summicron 50 mm F:2.
In general I prefer to check first, costs nothing, and avoids for
example a lens stuck on a camera or any other damage.
Remember the M-5 saga with it's swinging arm inside? It never happened
to me but I heard a lot of cries at the time.

For the rest I think it's a matter of precision of some words used in
the English language. I wanted a precision. Thank you to Peter Cheyne
for his sympatetic answer.

Cedric