Subject: [Leica] Is my M6 a 0.85 VF?
From: jkfyao at gmail.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 20:17:01 +0800

The M6 0.85 did not arrive until 1998 and the vast majority of them had
serial numbers in the 24xxxxx range:

http://www.cameraquest.com/m685.htm

Your M6 with s/n 16xxxxx is an early one, built in the mid-'80s.  If you are
the original owner then it is definitely a 0.72.  If you bought it used
there is a slim chance that the previously owner had converted it to 0.85,
but I doubt it.

Why not compare the VF between your M6 and M7 (assuming it is a 0.72)?

Joseph