Subject: [Leica] Buying a Leica lens?
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 18:59:55 -0500

Ted, you are looking at this from the viewpoint of a professional.  For some
of us, new gear is not gonna happen.  I have bought one new camera body and
two new lenses in my lifetime.  Everything else has been bought on the used
market.  A lot of these discussions have helped me decide what will best
serve my own immediate needs and how best to invest my available funds.

And think about the "trickle-down economics" that we provide, helping fund
Internet Service Providers and other businesses that provide the means for
these contacts.  Plus, with the constant exchange of gear, we are helping
keep the Postal Service afloat, not to mention UPS and FedEx.  What would
they do without us?

It's good to hear your words again.  May your recent pain diminish, and be
overpowered by the memories of the good times from the past.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA