Subject: [Leica] Looking For Simple, Automated, Cross-Platform Back Up Solution....
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 23:10:50 -0700

Before I upgraded from Tiger to Snow Leopard, done only because
Lightroom 3 would not run on Tiger, I used a very inexpensive backup
program called Carbon Copy Cloner. This is a program which I highly
recommend to you as a supplement, and I'll explain why.

I have two disks on line. One is a 250 GB disk that Time Machine uses
to back up my internal disk. The other is a 1 TB "portable" disk
(portable, because I'm running out of desk space and wanted something
small). This terabyte disk is the one on which LR stores my DNG (raw)
files. After a while, I decided that my negatives ought to be backed
up. So I bought a second portable TB disk and every so often I plug
it in to the computer and use Carbon Copy Cloner to back up the
negatives.

I suggest you be cautions about upgrading to Lion. From a description
I read, Apple is trying to make the Mac seem more like the iPad. If
you're interested, send me an email, and I'll dig up a link a friend
sent me, a video of a user ranting about the things he didn't like
about Lion, a rant replete with much bad language.

Herb

--
Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org