Subject: [Leica] Family photos, 1920s-40s
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 07:46:02 +0200

Hi Barry,

It was indeed a Syrena, and I am sure bribes were common, as they were in
all other aspects of life. I was only 9 at the time this picture was, and we
left Poland two years later, so I have no personal experience with this.

The Syrena was no rocket for sure, but even then it was capable of breaking
a 60 km/h speed limit...Just before leaving Poland in 1972, we took a long
trip in it, to East Germany, Czechoslovakia and Hungary.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain