Subject: [Leica] A Leica portrait: Packrat
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:41:46 +0100

Lovely story, Chris. I have a strong attachment to Lego on many levels. My
earliest childhood memories from the early 1960s consist of playing with
Lego bricks together with a (female) friend in our hometown in Poland. Even
in the dark days of Communism Lego was available behind the Iron Curtain.
Later, both her and my parents decided to emigrate to Denmark. My friend
Beata still has those Lego bricks we played with 45+ years ago, and her own
children have played with them! And of course, Lego being a successful
Danish company, it is a source of pride for me. I visited the factory while
a college student in Aarhus in the early 1980s and was extremely impressed
by the amount of high tech that was being used to manufacture these simple
toys.

I do wish you had taken the picture in color, however.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain