Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wheel of Life
From: john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel)
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 08:40:37 -0600

Philippe,

In 1975, there was an exhibit at MIT of a cross-section of Buddhist art; the
catalog of that exhibit contains a very clear summary of Buddhist
iconography.
The last thangka in that book is the Wheel of Life from the Newark (NJ)
museum
and has Trungpa's commentary on the facing page.

Trungpa Rinpoche, Chogyam. 1975. "Visual Dharma.  The Buddhist Art of
Tibet."
Berkeley & London: Shambala.

An online site with expert commentary:

http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Wheel_of_Life