Subject: [Leica] IMG: School starts TOMORROW
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 00:01:18 -0400

I remember my first day of kindergarten and they held up gray cards of
different colors and asked the kids all sitting around in a circle at
Searingtown school what color the squares were.
I figured it was a trick question.
And I figured all the other kids also figured it was a trick question as
they nobody was  saying anything.
She holds up a red rectangle. Silence.
She holds up a green rectangle. Silence.
Then she explains it. "this color is green"
I could not figure out her having to explain this plainly obvious fact to
all these kids. It was a mystery to me. This was a very tricky deal. Then I
knew. School was going to be hard!
I think I'd known what the colors were since I was 2. I think they kind of
came up in the conversation.

But I couldn't skip. Had never heard it nor seen it.  I could, run, walk,
hop in a circle with all the other kids as my mom and her mom watched us all
with all the other parents.
What the trick was took me years to figure out on the skipping.
And no "hand springs" this lifetime.
Had I run away and joined the circus like "circus boy" I'm sure I'd have
learned how to do a hand spring.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com