Subject: [Leica] Tilt-Shift Miniatures
From: piers.hemy at gmail.com (piers@hemy.org)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 09:18:39 +0100

Based on my experience with tilt lenses, Henning has given some good advice,
Tina. And Bob has correctly pointed out that shifting does not affect depth
of field. But this thread has also included some opinionating which is
incorrect (perish the thought).  I suggest you take a look at the animations
here: http://preview.tinyurl.com/23h9bb5 to get a clear understanding of
what is happening with tilted lenses. The author - Harold Merklinger - has
other thought-provoking articles on his website which are worth a look.  He
is Canadian - whether that explains anything is not my call.