Subject: [Leica] Afghanistan Government Denies Access to Flickr & Blogspot
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:19:57 +0530

Hugh,
Didn't the neighbouring Pakistan government block a lot of sites like Flickr
& Facebook recently? Is this a fallout of that? By the way Flickr and a host
of similar sites have always been blocked in most, if not all, of the Arab
countries in the Middle East - so this might just be copycat reaction by
another similar government. My friends in UAE, for example, including
'liberal' Dubai cannot access a lot of these sites, including Flickr.
Cheers
Jayanand