Subject: [Leica] I'm officially STUPID
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 19:46:33 -0500

> I've been doing business with Light Impressions way way before the internet
> they have been a key ingredient to all my print finishing and framing.
> But its not B&H where you wait 2 days. Its two weeks.
> They seem to be scrambling to say over the water pummeling me with spam.
> All they have to do is fix that and I'm sure their business would do fine.
> Even with the wait and I tend to plan poorly they are an invaluable
> resource.
> Archival Boxes
>      can't be beat.
>          http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/archival-boxes/
> Presentation and Transporting Art
>
> Pressure Sensitive Linen Tape
>
> Portfolio Boxes
> Presentation Albums
> Presentation Carrying Cases
> Shipping Boxes
> Transport Cases
>
> They used to send me a catalog.

The other day I had an epiphany about printing.  One of my printing
issues has been the need to cut a mat for each print so I could change
out frames.   So, I thought, I will just frame my best (to me) stuff for
my office or home.  That is almost all b&w prints.  Then if by chance
anyone wants to see more, I can show them a portfolio.  So I ordered a
clam-shell "archival" portfolio 13x19 box from B&H yesterday, and some
interleaving tissues.  I can print anything from 9x12 on up to 10x15 on
13x19 paper.  I could have a box for b&w prints, one for color, one for
a particular subject and so forth.  That satisfies my printing urge, and
reduces the need to frame and display.

Ken Carney
Oklahoma City (flooded), Oklahoma