Subject: [Leica] Panasonic with Leica Dicomar Branded Lens
From: jnelon at netvigator.com (James R. Nelon)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:17:30 -0400

Since there has been some discussion of Panasonic with Leica lenses, I want
to weigh in on how happy I am with my new Panasonic HDC-TM700. The camera
appears first to be an HD video camera (1080p) with 32 gigs built-in with
another 32 gig SD card for lots of recording time. But what I'm finding is
that the camera also takes some pretty good stills. I'm never going to give
up my two R8/DMR's, but I am finding that I use the Panasonic in still mode
when I go out to informal occasions much and don't want to carry the larger
R8 kit. The Panasonic fits in the palm of my hand, yielding me higher
quality images than just normal happy snaps. The camera has a 14.2 megapixel
sensor. I haven't done any real quality testing to see how this camera
compares to anything else. I'm just happy with it for what it does. And it
has the Leica name on the lens, to stay on topic. Just my 2 cents.

Jim Nelon