Subject: [Leica] R mount lenses on Micro Four Thirds
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 10:01:19 +0200

Hi Geoff,

I haven't got the MTF WMD  -> R adaptor, but bought Timo the FD one,
for use on his G1.
Test shots on receipt are here for what they're worth: (cost on ebay
was less than 30 euros I think)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Timo/

You know lots of us have used FT to R for years and it works.

Impediments: crop factor (24mm -> 48 for instance), no OIS (yet so
handy), no AF (yet magnification in LView mode or in EVF on the G1&GH1
does work extremely well), and last but not least bulk ...

Now the original MFT lenses fare so well that I can hardly see why a
lady, unless melancholy of older (better?) times or technically minded
and highly curious of odd pairings should bother any longer with the
above.

More MFT lenses from Pana to be expected BTW, notably a 14mm if I read
rumors alright.
http://43rumors.com/panasonic-lx4-with-more-zoom-and-much-more-news-on-quesabesde/

The G2 ( = G1 + I-pod like touch screen + VDO) + 2 zoom lenses
(14-45&50-200) sells for the price of GF1 + pancake here; 850 euros
until end of June (want one such kit?).

Amiti?s de Metz
Philippe

Le 13 juin 10 ? 06:45, Geoff Hopkinson a ?crit :