Subject: [Leica] Image storage question.
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 22:06:37 -0400

I just saw a program of the cable History channel which detailed the
document storage procedures of the U.S. Library of Congress. The program
said that images, specifically movies and stills, are stored on film for
archival purposes even when created digitally. What on earth for? I thought
properly prepared and stored CDs and DVDs could last 100 years. Given the
loss in quality converting from digital to analog and back again, what is
the benefit of analog storage?
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from rrr_hhh at netplus.ch (Christiane) ([Leica] Image storage question.)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Image storage question.)