Subject: [Leica] polishing
From: stasys1 at cox.net (stasys1 at cox.net)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 7:42:28 -0700

Hi All- took a weekend glass blowing class for seniors at the high school
here and ended up also doing some polishing. My 39 year old seiko watch
which my bride got me got scratched up after all these years and the crystal
was no longer available. Asking the teacher and a fellow student if the
scratches could be polished out- the answer was yes- wet and dry sandpaper,
and a final polish with polishing compound on an industrial polishing disk.
After about an hours worth of work using water, 600, 1000, and 2000 grit
paper the scratches were out. 2 swipes on the polishing disk and the surface
was like new. Plus, the surface has a smooth finish- like a baby's bottom-
if I recall.
ps- I would not recommend this process on plastic- may be too soft of a
material.
Back to Leicas- anyone have a source for a DMR battery? Stasys