Subject: [Leica] Stupid Question about laptops
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:46:17 +0100

Jim,

Does your granddaughter actually care? or is it grandma?

If you are going to use a polish just make sure that it's for plastic (I
assume
the cover is plastic), not a metal-oriented polish. Most car scratch removers
abrade to some degree and it could be worse at the end than it was when you
started out!

An alternative might be a little regular car polish (perhaps coloured) to try
and polish it out.

If it's a really tiny scratch then there are some fillers around for plastic
models and the like that might work, it depends on the plastic. A model shop
might be the best place to start looking for a solution in fact.

I quite like the idea that Grandpa makes up by buying her a **really** cool
sticker or two to decorate it. Let her choose even if you and her grandmother
hate her choice!

As for your wife...I leave that to you!

Peter