Subject: [Leica] M Lenses on GF-1
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 16:05:27 -0400

I don't doubt what you're saying. I'm just a bit mystified how a lens
can vignette on a sensor that's half the size of film that it was
designed to cover. That hasn't been my experience with M lenses on Micro
Four Thirds. I actually have to use Lightroom to add a little forced
vignetting because in many cases I like that look.

I'm also perplexed at how Contax G lenses can be materially better on
Micro Four Thirds than are Leica M lenses, or even CV lenses for that
matter. While I haven't used all on Micro Four Thirds I have used them
all on film and for the most part they're all pretty good. Thus I'm
curious as to why the performance would be so different on Micro Four
Thirds. What kind of adapters are you using?

The main issues I see in using Lumix lenses versus Leica M lenses on the
GF-1 is that Lumix lenses have AF and Leica M lenses don't. It's easy to
miss focus, particularly with the longer lenses wide open. A focus
assist LED in the viewfinder would be a nice feature to have.

Dave R