Subject: [Leica] Medvedev talks about his personal love of photography
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:42:09 -0500

Nathan,

It's always fun to hear the Poles talk about the Russians. People used to
compare Joseph Conrad to Dostoevsky and he'd go berserk. Of course the
Russians essentially killed both his parents so....

Other Eastern Europeans too. I had son who was playing water polo for a few
years for his school and in talking about the sport once at a bar with three
Hungarian guys I know, they told me of the famous 1956 Olympic (final ?)
match between Hungary and the Soviet Union, taking place after the Soviets
invaded Hungary earlier that year to put down the liberalization movement
there; the Hungarians beat on the Russians so bad many had to be taken off
in ambulances; there was much blood in the water. These guys knew the names
of many of the players on that team, though they either were very small or
not yet born in 1956; they knew the villages where many of the palyers
lived.

We Americans find history so cute sometimes!!! It's just *darling. *Thank
god Ronald Reagan *solved* all that for y'all.

Vince