Subject: [Leica] Img - Friday Rower & Epson 3880
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 19:52:52 -0500

That is a great photo - I wish it was mine!  I have been putting off buying
a 3800 and getting back into printing, but maybe procrastination worked for
me this one time.  It looks like the ink cartridges are the same, except for
the magenta, but the 3880 is supposed to have better software.  I read
somewhere that it is supposed to start shipping in October.  I also have the
2200 with ImagePrint RIP and an 1800 with custom profiles - neither really
to my satisfaction.  One thing about the 3800/3880: I think the estimates
about a six-month life for the Epson cartridges are approximately right,
based on my experience, plus maybe a few months.  So it is a commitment to
print a lot of prints!

Ken