Subject: [Leica] Leica x1 @ PopFlash
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:29:53 -0400

The X-1 really is an interesting attempt to do something different.
If it has really good image quality at high ISO it could be a winner.
My main concern is that it's not possible to know what it's focussing
on in dim light when using an optical finder, so it may not be a
reasonable M-replacement for indoor candids* but OK for more casual
kinds of shooting, such as travel.

I'm hoping I'll get a chance to shoot with one in Hyannis this year.

Regards,

Dick

* OTH, maybe the face recognition software will help with this.