Subject: [Leica] 999999999 Day embrace the big picture.
From: s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory)
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 22:45:01 -0400

Mark said:

"Soon many of the very same pros who were using M6's in the 90's instead of
Nikons and Canon SLR's will be using M9's instead of Nikon and Canon DSLR's."

As much as I want Leica to succeed I somehow don't have the same positive
feeling that many top pros will go from the D3's and Canon digitals to an
M9. I really think the 2500 ASA is a limiting factor in many respects for
the top pros. Unless you are a street shooting professional that wants the
small size to carry.

But I have to say, as much as the full frame would be nice, the quality I
get with my M8 and blowups that I've seen to 20 x 30 and above, I  would
find it hard to pay the price they want. I think Nathan hit the nail on the
head when he said he would wait and see a year or so down the road and see
what the price is lowered to. At least for the average buyer it makes sense
to wait. I mean you can buy an M8 now at a pretty decent price and obviously
it's still a wonderful machine that takes amazing quality shots. And for
those like me who bought in early on the M8 and now have the camera worth
half or less than I paid, I can't see the sense in continuing to do that
every two years or so without getting a break on the price at some point. My
2 cents.

Scott

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 999999999 Day embrace the big picture.)