Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 gets a $5,000 paint job
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 00:42:59 +0200

RRP is 7000 euros in Germany (that's including 19% VAT), along with a
leather strap, a silver anodised LEICA ELMARIT-M 1:2.8/28 mm ASPH., a
filter AND a certificate of authenticity.

The only thing that's missing is a radio beacon or GPS transponder for
when you lose it in the snow while skiing with the other 274 Russian gas
and oil billionaires at St Moritz :-)

In comparison, the M8 Safari is priced at "only" 7500 euros with the
same lens and the same strap - but it's an M8.2 and even has a matching
Billingham bag, so I reckon you're getting more for your money ;-)

Douglas