Subject: [Leica] 1964 World's fair pics
From: r.s.taylor_post at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 23:07:33 -0400

I have vivid memories of the GM exhibit.  Apart from the cars of the
future, I remember a vast hall devoted to the highways of the future.
You stood on a high balcony and saw a dimly lit landscape of cities
and hilly terrain with cars zipping along a complicated system of
highways of the future at unimaginable speeds.  The Interstate Highway
system was just barely underway then and the was scene futuristic for
sure, but today the scene in the hall is replicated every time you fly
into a large city such as LA or Boston.  (Assuming it's not rush hour,
of course. :-)  )

Regards,

Dick
off-list comments to r.s.taylor at comcast dot net please.