Subject: [Leica] IMG: B&W HDR
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 18:08:41 -0400

At 05:36 PM 5/3/2009, you wrote:

>But what did this HDR thing do? It appears to certainly perk the image up.
>Over to you.
>
>Thank you
>
>ted

Thanks, Ted!  HDR just means High Dynamic Range and it's just like
dodging and burning in the darkroom but digitally.  What you do is
combine 3 or more photos at different exposures so you get all of the
highlight and shadow details that the camera can't capture in one
exposure.  That's what my lecture will be on at the Leica Seminar in
Cape Cod.  I'm still thanking my lucky stars that you will be doing
the critiques!!!

Hasta luego -

Tina

Tina Manley