Subject: [Leica] Another failure of Epson 3800 printer
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:40:30 -0700

My buddy had 3 of them, one new, one refurb, another new.  All 3 failed.
Epson finally gave in to his insistent ( and let me tell you, he is pretty
obnoxious when he wants something) demands to get his money back.

Even though he bought it elsewhere ( not the Epson Store), they refunded him
every penny he spent.

He bought a Canon.......   No failures.

Brian and others... Electronics rarely fail once you are past infant
mortality.  As much as they blame some board for failing, the fact that the
failure persists says to me they have no idea what  the real problem is nor
how to fix it.  It could be a bug in the on board firmware, a mechanical
failure, or a mix of the above.  Again, it is unlikely to be a electronics
part failure......

It makes me wonder about the 7800 ( Ritz Camera store closing....) I have a
reservation for......

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Another failure of Epson 3800 printer)