Subject: [Leica] IMG: Just for fun
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:45:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Steve,

I used the 50mm Summilux ASPH (not coded) with IR filter. Set to Lens
Detection/IR and Auto white balance, auto ISO, Auto exposure. The exposure
is always set to -1/3 stop. ?I did get the M8's shutter upgraded and love
the discreet mode.? Just a little tick and?let the shutter cock later during
the "hallelujahs"! :-)

The table may have been at a higher stop than 1.4. With the others I don't
really remember ever changing the f-stop as focusing/framing was keeping me
very busy.
The M8?really?did all the work...

You might recall I had a bit of trouble with Leica NJ as I had sent the 50
back them to be calibrated to the M8 when the upgrade was done. They sent
the M8 back without the 50, and when I talked with them they were very
apologetic about not doing what I'd requested. They calibrated the 50 to
"standard" and then sent it back. It fits much more tightly than before and
the focus seems to be fine. So alls well that ends well.

Thanks for looking and commenting Steve.
Best,
Bob
?Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA