Subject: [Leica] THE TRUTH OF THE PHOTO!! --- NEW STUFF : SIGN OF THE TMES. COLOUR OR b&w
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 08:10:27 +0530

I think this springs from preconceived ideas on what slums represent - they
are soul sapping places, but a lot of economic activity does take place in
them, and they tend to be pretty colourful and lively. Read these articles
on Dharavi, a huge slum in Mumbai to get some idea:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2007/mar/04/india.recycling

http://www.economist.com/world/asia/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10311293&source=login_payBarrier

Audio Slide Show:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/flash/page/0,,2025270,00.html