Subject: [Leica] IMF The drummer kids
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:29:03 +0200

Thanks Felix for sharing the celebration and the history.

I used to go to  Laredo as a kid, not far from your place then.
I remember the long winding road across the Pyrenn?es range, with those
trucks giving the green light when overtaking was possible, that was in
the early 60s.
Also Bilbao, and its heavy industry.
I last went there in 1976 with the new motorway.
And the place had already completely changed: no buros, no pulgas :-(
My best souvenirs are the harbour in Laredo, with the fishermen coming
home, and the sardina and churos in the old town.
Plus Tio Pepe ;-)
Things must have changed a bit I presume ...

Keep posting, please, I found your photos so refreshing..

Amiti?s de Metz.
Phili^^e