Subject: [Leica] Digital Image Preservation [OT?]
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:19:38 +0100

I guess you're refering to my problems with Video8 tapes of my kids when
young - the LUG helped me much and I'm in the process of translating
them all into digital form.
The only thing to do to alleviate future digital acheologists workload
is to move up with time - and even then ... think of the Y2000 bug when
they had to recall retired programmers ...
Best from old Europe
Phx