Subject: [Leica] Bokeh?
From: court at wisc.edu (Ricardo Court)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:59:47 -0500

Dear Tina,

I agree with Phil.  It seems that rather than having a uniform blur
(creamy is a very good word) these pictures seem to have a kind of
artifact.  It seems like little doughnuts.  What appeals to me about
bokeh is the three dimensional nature of it; your eye is drawn to the
only thing that is in focus and away from everything else.  The
"artifact" in your pictures draws the eye to the out of focus parts
and away from the subject.  What lens, aperture etc were you using?

Ricardo

--
Dr. Ricardo Court
Department of History

Homo mercator vix aut numquam potest Deo placere