Subject: [Leica] OT: Email software
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 18:42:53 -0800

>I tried Eudora on my last computer.  It was an inadequate joke!

I installed Eudora a couple years ago (version  7.1 now) because
Microsoft Outlook would not map files to my server where all my files
are is automatically backed up (MS wants you to fork over a couple
grand for MS Exchange Server for such an "unusual" application as
mapping a drive!)

Eudora does a great job with a mapped drive and has been very
adequate as e-mail software. The filters work well, putting my Leica
e-list messages into one folder. Only one or two spams make it into
my Inbox ever day. The Spam box sometimes has false positives, but I
can sort through it quickly. If I want to "thread" messages, I just
click on the subject heading and click through that topic in the
preview window - very simple.

It has many other features I don't use - stationary, signatures,
etc.  I have never considered it inadequate for my e-mail processing.
Am I missing some advanced functions like mind to text processing or
automatic smart writing in the latest e-mail programs? Smirk detector?

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: Email software)
Message from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] OT: Email software)