Subject: [Leica] Tropicana OJ Warning
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:10:11 -0700

Jeeeeeeeeeesh I was going to reply to Tina about the moon? Which is an
amazingly beautiful photo scene we rarely see!

But flys in Orange juice kind of  caught my attention and took over the
topic.

Given I use a fair amount of  OJ's of various mixes with Mango, Peaches and
Cranberries to help keep fit, Ok sometimes with a fortifying of Vodka to
help it act productively. I found Tina's note of a major situation in
attention. I just can't imagine swallowing drowned flies, even with vodka,
as an acceptable mix! AAaaacccckkk! Cough!

So I immediately went to the fridge to check the current juice purchase only
to find horror of horrors, "we also had TROPICANA OJ", albeit blended with
peaches and Mango. I carefully opened the cap and peered inside, guarding my
one good eye not to be damaged by escaping flys.  Fortunately, none in this
container. Drowned or otherwise!

However this juice situation has created a major concern as we go through a
major amount of it each month and flies just don't cut it with any food
category I can think of.  Now it's an interesting dilemma, buy Tropicana or
otherwise? We are left with a big question mark each time we purchase OJ or
other juices of any kind, trust me we go through quite a number of
litres/gallons in this home every month , a major staple of liquids!

Unfortunately each time I open a litre of, not only Tropicana juice of any
kind, that is if we should purchase it any more? We'll be very diligent
about pouring a glass and chug a lugging it down! :-(

It's a shame this type of situation comes to the fore front of a camera
list, but if it were not for the heads up of friends looking after friends,
the malpractice of companies in watching over their clients would be lost!
So thank you Tina for your heads up and I trust you are taken seriously by
the manufacturer.

Cheers,

ted