Subject: [Leica] With the Summicron Collaps. and TX
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Feb 23 22:16:38 2009

The top one I see is a 950 by 655 pixel file.
If you printed it at 300 dpi that's only a 2x3 inch image!
5 by 7 and a half centimeters isn't such a heck of a lot.
We're looking at or comparing what?
Signatures?
???
We always see this I don't know what we can get out of files which are a
small decimal point of a normal shooting sized image.
We're going to buy a 1000 dollar lens over a 3000 dollar lens or visa versa
after looking at an image 950 by 655 pixels across?

If those were my needs I'd be out trying to find the lowest rez cheapest
point and shoot there is.
To me this level of comparisons do not relate to Leica buying.
And this happens on this list all the time.

The smallest file size of the cheapest digital camera money can buy is what
ten times this size?

I think we need to be realistic about what can be showed and not shown on
the internet.
What does Leica do? They let you download some real life sized images before
you plunk down your thousands.
As does nikon. And I'm sure Canon.

Mark William Rabiner