Subject: [Leica] Re: What recession?
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Fri Feb 20 17:47:10 2009

i feel for you, i am in the same boat.  and i don't see the
portfolio bouncing back anytime soon, if ever.  which isn't to
say the broad indexes won't rebound at some time, but that's not
the same as one's specific portfolio coming back. citi was at 20
now it's $1.95, freddie and fannie and aig shareholders were
completely wiped out.

my wife bought a big screen tv and a leica m8 for me in 2007 and i was
really on the verge of returning them, because i could see that
finance was already in trouble (though we didn't know how much
in trouble).  at this point, our having bought durable goods was the
best money we ever spent.

if only i had taken out a no-money down mortgage, or a cash-out refi!
i coulda been bailed out or crammed down or rescued or stimulated!

-rei