Subject: [Leica] Re: What recession?
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Feb 20 15:17:48 2009
References: <200902192307.n1JN6bE8069803@server1.waverley.reid.org><1800AF3A-6E61-4617-9712-EE4EE8858A23@optonline.net> <3cad89990902200836rb7c8dc7rd458416d225f4dd6@mail.gmail.com><022020092224.2117.499F2D83000A76E400000845223245003003010CD2079C080C03BF970A9D9F9A0B9D09@mchsi.com><02d001c993aa$d2eb2900$78c17b00$@net> <022020092300.2475.499F36040000E13F000009AB223245003003010CD2079C080C03BF970A9D9F9A0B9D09@mchsi.com>

Gene,

My youngest son, fresh out of college, bought an 85 Fiero.  My memories of
it are not as kind as your feelings. Sometime during the first year, the
tank-mounted fuel pump failed. We towed it to the next town, where the
dealer was located, and they dropped the tank and replaced the pump.

The next time he filled the tank, fuel ran out of the top of the tank.  They
had failed to get the gasket back correctly. So, afraid of a fire, we towed
it back again.

He got married about a year later, and, not needing two cars, he sold it to
another young owner.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA